Spend a summer in the colorful, cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, Spain with AIFS! Study a variety of academic program options at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Unwind after class in the lively, beachfront neighborhood and experience the eclecticism of the city.
Visit the website
- Up to 10 credits depending on program and course selection
- Courses offered in architecture, art, business, digital photography, economics, Spanish Civilisation and Culture, Spanish language
- Homestay. Additional housing options are available, see Optional Components for more details
- Homestay students receive breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday
- Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum, Girona and Besalú, Montserrat and Sitges depending on which program you take
CULTURAL & SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
- Walking tours in Barcelona and visits to museums and monuments including Gaudí’s Sagrada Família
ON-SITE RESIDENT DIRECTOR
- to help with any questions or advice you may need throughout the program
HEALTH & SAFETY
- 24/7 emergency support and comprehensive insurance
- Access to the renowned Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment and alumni network
At AIFS, we support all participants in their journey abroad, inclusive of their gender, race, religion, age, physical ability, and sexual orientation. Everyone has a complex identity, and the different aspects of your identity are important when deciding on a program and location. We invite you to review our Social Identity Pages to assist you when selecting a program that best fits your interests and needs. We encourage you to revisit these resources throughout your study abroad journey. We want to remind you to visit your university's study abroad website and office, as they might have more information and resources related to social identities and studying abroad.
For information specific to this city, visit the website
and click the Social Identity Tab on the program page.