Spend a summer in the inspiring city of Florence, Italy with AIFS! Study a variety of academic course options while gaining global work experience by completing an internship, earning credit through Fairfield University. Students also attend classes at the AIFS Florence Global Education Center, located within walking distance of the Uffizi Gallery, the Duomo, Piazza della Signoria and many great Florentine museums.
- Up to 7 semester credits (subject to optional trip selection)
- Courses offered in art history, drawing, fashion, history, Italian language, marketing, painting, photography, sociology, Internship in art, business, event planning, fashion, hospitality, marketing, museum and gallery management, tourism management
- Meal vouchers to use in a choice of selected local restaurants, cafés and grocery stores
- A variety of day trips are included such as Pisa, Siena, Lucca and Cinque Terre
CULTURAL & SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
- Museum visits, dinner with Italians, cooking and wine tasting classes, artisan workshops and gelato tours
ON-SITE RESIDENT DIRECTOR
- to help with any questions or advice you may need throughout the program
HEALTH & SAFETY
- 24/7 emergency support and comprehensive insurance
- Access to the renowned Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment and alumni network
Visit the website
At AIFS, we support all participants in their journey abroad, inclusive of their gender, race, religion, age, physical ability, and sexual orientation. Everyone has a complex identity, and the different aspects of your identity are important when deciding on a program and location. We invite you to review our Social Identity Pages to assist you when selecting a program that best fits your interests and needs. We encourage you to revisit these resources throughout your study abroad journey. We want to remind you to visit your university's study abroad website and office, as they might have more information and resources related to social identities and studying abroad.
For information specific to this city, visit the website
and click the Social Identity Tab on the program page.